Clary Sage is a sturdy biennial herb that grows up to 3 feet tall, with small flower spikes rising above big hairy purple-green leaves. The essential oil is extracted from the leaves and flowering tops through steam distillation. Clary Sage has a wonderful sweet, nutty aroma and a dry flavor of dry wine. Clary Sage essential oil is recommended by aroma therapists to treat a variety of symptoms. Clary Sage essential oil contains high levels of an ester called linalyl acetate, a compound that is greatly known to balance the nervous system.
1. The oil is clear to pale yellow in color
2. It has a mellow, warm, herbal scent
3. The oil blends well with lavender, coriander, cypress, frankincense, geranium, rose and sandalwood
Uses of Clary Sage Oil
1. Clary Sage essential oil also has estrogen-like properties that balance and support the hormones
2. Clary Sage oil relaxes spasm in the bronchial tubes thus it is used to treat asthma
3. It reduces anxiety, emotional tension and helps to ease migraine
4. Its warming and antispasmodic properties helps treat digestive problems, such as cramps or griping colicky pains and other stomach problems
5. Clary Sage oil is also known to prevent excessive sweating as well as strengthen the immune systems in the fight against diseases
6. Clary Sage oil works to balance hormones through supporting the endocrine and circulatory system and its antioxidant property helps relaxation.
7. Clary Sage oil is used to calm down and reduce epileptic convulsions and other convulsions due to other nervous disorder or mental condition.
8. Clary Sage essential oil clears the mind and acts as a sedative for tense nerves.
2. Linalyl acetate
6. Neryl acetate