Massage therapy during pregnancy is a wonderful complementary choice for prenatal care. It is a healthy way to reduce stress and promote overall wellness. Massage relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and edema (or swelling).
In addition, it reduces stress on weight-bearing joints, encourages blood and lymph circulation, helps to relax nervous tension — which aids in better sleep — and can help relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes.
DURING THE PRENATAL MASSAGE
Our therapists take extra care to ensure our pregnancy massage clients are comfortable. Sideline positioning with supportive, soft cushions is used to alleviate the extra strain on the lower back and pelvic areas when the pressure of massage techniques are applied. Extra strain in these areas can cause unnecessary back or abdominal pain, so naturally we want to avoid any potential discomfort.
Through the second trimester, you may prefer to lie on your back with a small, cushioned wedge placed under one hip to provide a slight elevation. Depending on where you are in your pregnancy, our therapist may utilize such Prenatal massage techniques that address your specific requests and needs.
RELIEF OF EVERYDAY SYMPTOMS
We offers a number of benefits, and it’s always a good idea to discuss with our Consultant/therapist any everyday symptoms you’d like to see relieved. Those might include:
- Headaches can be relieved by massage focusing on the head, neck and shoulders. In addition, maintaining optimal levels of stress relief through massage reduces the chances of migraines or tension headaches by relaxing trigger points and muscle spasms.
- Muscle tension created by carrying the extra weight of a baby can be relieved by encouraging blood flow to the afflicted areas. This provides more nutrient-rich oxygen and also increases the flow of lymphatic fluid, which sweeps away toxins and metabolic waste.
- Fatigue, backaches, leg cramps and swelling/edema can all be relieved through various types of massage for pregnant women.
- The ordinary aches and pains of pregnancy are countered by the release of serotonin, your body’s natural anti-pain chemical, which is stimulated by massage.
- More… Sciatica, Back Pain, Legs Swelling
While a massage can’t promise that your newborn will sleep through the night, it can provide you with a better night’s sleep both during pregnancy and afterwards. Regular massage therapy not only helps diminish anxiety and discomfort but boosts relaxation as well. This ultimately can lead to improved sleep patterns.
Follow Up Pre Natal RECOVERY Massage Sessions
|Follow Up Package Treatment (time in minutes)||Fee|
|105 minutes ( Package of 3 sessions) Start from 1st Trimester (Nausea, Morning Sickness) to 3rd Trimester S$175||S$525|
|105 minutes (Package of 6* sessions) Start from 2nd Trimester to 3rd Trimester S$175 FREE One session||S$1050|
|105 minutes (individual session )||S$185|
|Pre-Conception Womb Preparation||12 * 60 minute weekly sessions plus FREE gifts worth S$227 ~ Self Help Womb Massage Guided, Love your Womb Hand-out notes, Guided Fertility Yoga, and Yoni Steam Pack||S$1968|
Pre Natal Massage
|90 minutes (Package of 8* sessions) Start from 2nd Trimester to 3rd Trimester including labor preparation S$170||S$1360|
Post Natal Massage
|7* 105 minutes sessions plus FREE gifts worth S$100 ~ Lactation/Engorgement Massage Guide, S$120
Baby Massage $30
Post Natal Massage
|5* 105 minute sessions plus FREE gift worth S$34.00 ~Lactation/Engorgement Massage Guide $130
Baby Massage $30